What personal information we collect
RopeLab collects your personal information online when you voluntarily provide it to us.
If you choose to sign up for the newsletter, we ask you to provide your name and email address. This email list is currently maintained through RopeLab’s account with Mail Chimp.
If you choose to register to use the website and purchase a membership, we ask you to also establish a username and password. Additional personal information may be provided optionally.
Through our security system, we can record the date and time of successful and failed log in attempts, and your IP address.
We can also record aggregate, non personal information regarding the visitation and use of our website. These include page visitation rates, times and sources, and quiz results.
RopeLab does not collect financial information so is not responsible for its security. All financial information is handled by a third party, PayPal. PayPal is well equipped to handle such information. Please see their website for further detail.
How to review your personal information
If you register for a RopeLab account, you may review your personal information by logging into RopeLab and accessing My Account/Profile.
Your username cannot be changed. If lost, your password can be reset through the lost password process accessible from the log in page, or by contacting us directly. We will verify the authenticity of the contact before resetting passwords.
To change the email address for the newsletter, please contact us directly.
How we use your personal information
We use the personal information that you provide in the following ways.
- To manage your account in order to provide you with the services and products that you request.
- To answer questions about our services, payments or use of our website.
- To track payments for our services.
- To send you newsletters by email if you have so requested.
- To ensure the security of our website.
- To allow you to engage with other users of the site if desired. As a RopeLab member, you may comment on articles or use the discussion board. In this case, your supplied name will be visible to other users of the site. Your avatar may appear as a generic image or a picture that you choose through en.gravatar.com.
We will not sell your personal information to any third party. In some cases we may need to disclose some personal information to a third party.
- We may disclose personal information to our contractors for the purposes of providing their service to us. They are obliged to keep the information confidential.
- We may disclose personal information to a third party if you have authorised and/or requested us to do so.
- We may disclose personal information to a third party if we are legally required to do so in response to a subpoena, court order or other legal process.
- We may share aggregate, non-personal information about website usage to third parties.
How we protect your information
We take great care to protect your personal information, using industry standard techniques. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any exchange of information.
How to help protect your information
- Create a unique and complex password.
- Do not share your password or username with any one. We will never ask you to provide us your password.
- Ensure you log out of all sessions.
Links to other sites
RopeLab does not control and cannot be held responsible for the privacy practices of any third party websites.